Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike FlaskoMike Flasko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Chairman ArunachalamChairman Arunachalam shared a merged idea: custom table types support for SQL 2008 to perform Bulk save operations  ·   · 
    Diego VegaAdminDiego Vega (Development Lead, DataFx) responded  · 

Reverting status from “under review” to “no status” since we aren’t currently working on this. We will still consider it for future releases.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Please do it!Please do it! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EF is a great tool until it comes to stored procs using TVPs. How is this not in the pipeline for the next version of EF?

• Tim ShafferTim Shaffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is URGENTLY NEEDED for our MVC4 EF5 - Provider Portal.
        I am developing a portal system for the medical community which needs to be completed in the second quarter of 2014.
        Please help by supporting table-valued parameters in entity framework for SQL 2012.

• Daniel KressDaniel Kress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice and useful if supported in L2E queries. We got some places where we process potentially big lists in multiple steps and in the end do some result select for the collected Guids.

Guid[] bigIDList = ...; // Usually around 50 but sometimes more than 100,000 IDs
        return ctx.Addresses.Where(x => bigIDList.Contains(x.ID)).ToList();

• abel lopezabel lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if sql server table bear the type within the parameters of a procedure as it would have much use.

Example I have to do a procedure you need to pass a set of parameters and would be great if encapsulated in a class.

There are other applications of this functionality but the most important thing is to use the user-defined types anywhere in the code. If you have increased the treatment of the model layer. To do procedures that can be written in C # I think the final touch would be to put the data types abstract classes as parameters of procedures.

I hope they understand our needs at the time of giving solutions to practical problems and complicated business rules and to make object-oriented programming tool that helps us to really set in stored procedures in SQL Server

• bhuvinbhuvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Various times we require this , not every time could we use xml or other types . Please help us out !!!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base