Entity Framework Feature Suggestions

Continued focus on Code First development.

1,273 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DerekDerek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Diego VegaDiego Vega responded  · 

Code First has become a fundamental feature of Entity Framework since we released version 4.1.

There are of course many improvements we can make (some of them mentioned in the comments, like database migrations and stored procedure support), but moving forward we encourage you to add or vote as appropriate those improvements in separate items so that we can track the votes more accurately.

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rayne BairRayne Bair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm enjoying CodeFirst, but as of right now the one thing holding me back from it is no support for stored procedures. This is a must since my application also needs to implement SQL Full-text search which is also not supported on EF.

• Chris SuttonChris Sutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm testing some of the CTP features in a small app and am really liking the Code First approach with EF4. I'm really interested to see Code First move forward rapidly.

• James MunroJames Munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The code first CTP4 is fantastic, the direction is really good, and the sooner we can use this in production the better. Don't slow up!

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, things like the ability to map the names of tables, and the names of the columns, means a lot to me, as well. I love how I can do that in the CTP4. The database looks how "I" want it to, now how an auto-generator wants it to. Keep up the good work.

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a programmer, CodeOnly development means more to me than any aspect of Entity Framework. The ability to build my programs from my point of view, instead of having to go through the DBA point of view empowers me, a lot. It also makes things cleaner, and easier to send around as samples for collaboration.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base