Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FlavioFlavio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Saeed TabriziSaeed Tabrizi shared a merged idea: Full XML datatype and XQuery support + XML Mapping to Dynamic Type or Strongly Complex Type Serializable object  ·   · 

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thijs KampenThijs Kampen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great feature!!! Especially in a TPH scenario where the (untyped) xml is extensible.

• Anuj PandeyAnuj Pandey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if this is possible on top of a dynamic property which then can be serialized as xml or json into table.

• John SaundersJohn Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Mike: would you mind if EF6+ implemented the XML data type? I doubt it would be retrofitted to EF4.

• Mike GallingerMike Gallinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really think it would simplify a lot of scenarios if EF4 would support the xml field. I don't think the smart people would have to much problem including it since they want to push xaml as the best way to code graphics.

• Nick MooresNick Moores commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to perform an XPath query server-side using EF is the one thing that is preventing our project's components from integrating seamlessly. Instead, we're having to construct queries manually with string builders to get this functionality, and it's proving troublesome to say the least!

• Vivek PatelVivek Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very hard to believe that Entity Framework doesn't support SQL Server XML Datatype and doesn't seems any sign of getting that included in future release. I strongly feels that this is one of very important feature.

• Ladislav MrnkaLadislav Mrnka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this too but I see it more like scenario for custom converters where you load XML/string and instead of loading it to string property you will provide custom converter to fill an object.

• Niels Peter GibeNiels Peter Gibe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature, for an application, where the end consumer will have the need to save some, for me, yet unknown data in the DB. The data will be described runtine, so saving in dynamic XML xolumns would make my day a lot easier.

• wilkowilko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if this feature would be incorporated into EF4. I would love to store and combine Linq to SQL -> combining it with XQuery!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base