Entity Framework Feature Suggestions

SQL CE provider with both local cache agent and database generated identities support

Is there a possibility in the near future provide a SQL Server Compact 4.0 DB to synchronize with SQL Server, unfortunately, offers some of the SyncFramework for this version at no SyncCeProvider .... and the opportunity to work with a local cache async one is also forbidden, because it is supported only in version 3.5.

Unfortunately, I am clueless and if needed an alternative offered by the DB once support for the Entity Framework and the Local Cache Agent.

The version of SQL Compact 3.5 would work but unfortunately I have the problem that the auto-increment columns are not generated ..... too bad someone has an alternative suggestion?

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChristianChristian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Diego VegaAdminDiego Vega (Development Lead, DataFx) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we cannot add support for Sync Framework to SQL CE 4.0, ErikEJ is right: the SQL CE 3.5 provider that he contributed to EF 6 should address the scenario. I am renaming the idea to reflect what I think the actual goal is and will mark the idea as completed. Thanks Erik!

• ErikEJErikEJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new SqlServerCompact.Legacy provider Works with ef6 and supports server generated keys

Feedback and Knowledge Base