Stored procedure mapping in EF Core
EF6 supports mapping CUD operation to stored procedures in both Code First and EDMX based development.
EF Core does not have this functionality yet.
Updating the status to no-status since we are changing the scope of this UserVoice site to be about EF Core and the feature doesn’t exist there. In EF6 we consider the feature complete.
David McClelland commented
Code-First support for function imports (for reads) is the thing we are waiting for to be ready to move to EF from Linq to SQL :-)
Reverse Engineer Code First - Would like to be able to generate the stored procedure wrappers.
In my company DBA don't authorize the SQL query for performance reason, only stored procedure can be used. Actually Entity Framework can use Insert, Delete, Update SP but can't be mapped to a default Get SP...
Thanks. Looking forward to it
Mike Bishop commented
Depends on what you mean be "support". You can still call stored procedures via context.Database.SqlQuery and context.Database.ExecuteSqlCommand
Yea, I wrote it. commented
for support for stored procedures in EF 4.1 (aka Code First).
Robert Slaney commented
This is stopping us migrate from Linq-to-Sql
Also, map defaults on stored procedures parameters to optional parameters when code generating for .NET 4.0
Marcel Veldhuizen commented
Very similar: support for User Defined Functions (UDF) while you're at it :)
I really miss this feature of the model first approach.
Please please I really need stored procedure support in code first asap
Peter S commented
I like all Entity Framework data access to automatically create and map to store procedure instead of calling sp_executesql with parameterized query.
• All database code in one place!!!!!
• Enables check by ”SQL Upgrade advisor”
• System view for dependency checks
• Using visual studio for static code analysis
• Enables DBAs to see which questions are run
• Enables DBAs to customize T-SQL, inde
• Only need to grant excite stored procedure rights indeed of base table access
• The use of stored procedure cache
• May be even version control of the sps with database projects and TFS