[Closed] WCF Data Services Feature Suggestions

This web site is no longer being monitored by the Microsoft OData team. Visit http://odata.github.io/odata.net/ for current information on the Microsoft OData Stack for .NET and where to submit feedback.

Welcome to the WCF Data Services feature suggestion list. Find out more information about Data Services at our MSDN page.

If you have questions, need help or find a bug in Data Services, visit our forums.

How can we improve WCF Data Services?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable SOAP end-point for OData interaction

Define a WSDL contract for regular SOAP Web Service consumption of the WCF Data Service. This would include the ability to model the query using WSDL defined object graph.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WCF Data Services Client Configuration using ConfigurationManager

On of the best parts of regular WCF web service clients is the flexibility of configuring them using app.setting or web.config.
    The WCF Data Service Client makes no use of ConfigurationManager, at the very least it would be nice to set the ServiceUri and timeout values without the need to write any code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide ability to obtain expand specification on expression with reflection provider.

People seem to be using the reflection provider with custom queryable data sources that overlay custom data access layers. A common downside to this approach is the absense of $expand specifications due to the assumption of lazy loading on navigation properties. The result is that the custom queryable implementations never have a chance to expand navigation properties for the query unless their entities/domain objects truly support lazy loading, which is not always the case.

A common suggestion is to implement a custom service provider, which will hand off the full expression without any assumptions. For those of us that are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. where is WCF Data Services Template in VS2013??

I have been trying to located this Template in VS2013 and trying to solve this manually but unable to create a wcf data project using vs2013 ultimate. The last I have seen this template was in VS2010. Not sure why it is so difficult to find a simple template after paying so much money on the Ultimate Edition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow specifying a custom write stream URI for named streams

Basically the same as IDataStreamProvider2.GetReadStreamUri, but for the write stream.

I realize this is part of the OData v4 spec, just surprised overriding the read stream URI is supported while the write stream isn't in WCF DS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. WCF Data Service Project Template for Visual Studio

I would like to see a Project Template in Visual Studio for WCF Data Services. Today, I have to choose to create a new WCF Service Application or a new ASP.NET Web Application and delete files and stuff out of the web.config.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow namespce hierachy from Schema

I would like the option to separate Entities base on schema, e.g. I have a single database that has two sets of tables that have the same names but are in different Schemas it would be nice to create a single data model that does this. At the moment I have to create different models for each schema is separate folder to get what I want but then I cant have relationships between them.

Thanks
    Steve

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

[Closed] WCF Data Services Feature Suggestions